‘Don’t Think Twice. Just Come Here.’ International Exchange Students Share Their Unforgettable Experiences at Michigan Ross

Share

One way to be sure that you’re a world-class business school: you attract students from, well, all over the world.

This year, 172 international exchange students spent a semester at Ross; they hailed from 24 countries and 34 partner universities around the world.

For the students who will live and study alongside Ross students during the current semester, time in Michigan kicked off earlier this summer with an orientation to American culture and a trip to explore nearby Detroit (see picture above).

So, what makes Michigan Ross worth crossing continents and studying in an entirely different country? Glad you asked.

Changxin Miao, from the Rotterdam School of Management in the Netherlands, was impressed with her classroom experience. “The students are so energetic,” she said. “They are so ambitious about answering questions from the professor; and the relationship between the student and professor is so close, which really amazes me.”

“Everybody is really collaborative, down-to-earth, and will help you with any problem that you may have,” said Nerc Rusjan, from the Vienna University of Economics and Business.

The University of Michigan is full of unique cultural adventures that you’ll find nowhere else, according to Devika Punchhi, from The Business School (formerly Cass) at City, University of London. “Something I will never forget about being in Michigan was my first football game here,” she said. “The moment you walk into that stadium and see the number of people and the buzz––it is going to be the most exhilarating experience you can ever have.”

Alexandre Amitay took home an amazing souvenir from his semester at Ross: a job offer. “Right now I am going back to Rio with really good work in the future, so I am pretty happy that I accomplished even more than I expected at Michigan,” he said.

To any international students who are considering spending a semester with Michigan Ross, Amitay has some firm advice: “Please, don’t think twice; just come here. You’re going to have fun, you’re going to learn a lot, and there are so many good things you can take out of your exchange semester.”

More About Studying at Ross