Michigan Ross Freshman C.J. Baird Sinks 3-Pointer To Help Wolverines Set NCAA Tournament Record

Share

It was a landmark night for the Michigan Wolverines in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament — not only did they best Texas A&M 99-72, but a 3-point shot from Michigan Ross BBA freshman C.J. Baird at the end of the game helped the team set a tournament record.

It was the first time eight players have hit a three-pointer in one game. It was an NCAA tournament first, for sure. But for Baird, the shot was a dream come true.

“It’s every kid’s dream to play in the NCAA tournament,” Baird said following the game. “And when you watch it for so many years like that … I never thought I’d get to do this. When I shot it, I was like, ‘Oh my gosh, go in!’ Then I stepped back and it went in. I got shivers down my whole body, and I just couldn’t hold my emotions. It is one of the best feelings in my life.”

It was quite a moment for the rest of the team as well––they erupted in cheers when Baird sank the shot.

Check it out:

Michigan Ross Dean Scott DeRue joined in as well. He took to Twitter to congratulate the team and share in the excitement about Michigan making it to the Elite 8 round of the tournament: 

Congratulations to Baird and the team! Go Blue!

Image: Ezra Shaw / Getty Images