Execs from Facebook, Spotify, Buzzfeed and More To Speak at Ross During Social Media Week Event
The biggest names in social media are set to converge at Michigan Ross to discuss the future of the industry.
The independent Social Media Week Ann Arbor event will hit the Ross Campus Friday, September 15, and some of the biggest players in the field will be represented, including:
- Buzzfeed Brand Strategy Director Laura Crouse
- Facebook Technical Client Solutions Manager Gabe Antypas
- Spotify Global Head of Growth Marketing Patrick Moran
- Fox Sports Manager of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships Kimberly Borza
- Doner Global CCO Eric Weisberg
- Doner SVP of Social Engagement (and Ross professor) Marcus Collins
- Quartz Editor Emily Withrow
- Accenture Digital Marketing & Transformation Practice Lead Kristopher Bober
This independent event is co-hosted by Ross Professor John Branch and Lecturer Marcus Collins. Branch has worked with companies around the world on marketing strategies, and Collins — senior vice president social engagement at Detroit-area agency Doner — has led social media campaigns for Apple, Beyoncé, and the Brooklyn Nets.
The symposium will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Robertson Auditorium. Tickets are $20 and includes lunch. Registration begins at 8 a.m.
Social Media Week Ann Arbor was organized by the Michigan Marketing Club and Ross MBA students, and is sponsored in partnership by Michigan Ross, Accenture Digital, and Doner Advertising.
Branch and Collins also teach the Ross Executive Education program Strategic Marketing in the Digital Age, next offered Oct. 9-13.