Poets & Quants: Across-the-Board Excellence Defines Michigan Ross
A new article on Poets & Quants introduces a few of the impressive members of our strongest, most diverse MBA class ever. In the piece, P&Q highlights Michigan Ross’ excellence, saying:
“Only a select few [schools] have been able to excel in every facet of the curriculum. [Ross] is one of those schools.”
The article cites the fact that Ross was one of the only schools to have nine out of 10 MBA specializations ranked in the top 10 by U.S. News and World Report.
“How hard is that to do?” Poets & Quants asks. “Take Kellogg, another Midwest power school. [There], just five specializations made the top 10.”
In introducing members of the class, P&Q says “Their backgrounds are jaw-drop impressive.”
The article highlights 12 Ross MBA students in the Class of 2018, including:
- Thais Hernandez, a Stanford grad who has performed in Carnegie Hall.
- Jim Gawron, a “rocket scientist turned environmentalist.”
- Jessica Jennings, who has worked for Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Edelman, and JPMorgan Chase.
- Eric Hwang, who avoided capture while escorting North Korean refugees out of their country.
- Madeline Bourgeois, who raised $8 million to help build a food start-up called Peach.
To read about these students and more of their impressive peers, check out the full article on Poets & Quants: