Back to School Guide: Ten Totally Acceptable Business Uses For Emoji
We’re just a few weeks away from the start of the fall semester here at Michigan Ross. But, rest assured, coming to business school doesn’t mean you need to curb your use of emoji when texting friends (or business partners) about what you’re up to.
Here are ten totally acceptable business uses to satisfy your emoji habit this school year.
- When it’s recruiting season and you’re bouncing from interview to class to interview to class until you just collapse on your bed, pooped.
- When you’re trying to choose between traveling to China or Europe or ten other countries for your global business immersion courses.
- When you’re going a little crazy during the Crisis Challenge, trying to balance shareholder value and your commitment to not destroying the planet.
- When you’re on a MAP project halfway around the world, and it’s great, but you really miss Ann Arbor pizza.
- When you leave MO 611, Business Leadership in Changing Times, having just told the CEO of one of the world’s biggest corporations what they did wrong with their business.
- When you land your first investor for the startup you’re launching with help from the Zell Lurie Institute, and it feels like the next stop is the top of the world.
- When you get cold-called by Aneel Karnani in your Strategies For Growth class and you feel like you could die.
But then you nail it.
- When Harbaugh takes the field for the first time in the Big House, and you’re right there with 109,000 of your closest friends.
- When your internship employer extends a full-time offer. With a signing bonus!
- When you go to your first Ross alumni happy hour and realize how lucky you are to be a part of this family.
Read part two of our Back to School Guide Series: