Ross Graduates: Leaders The World Needs
"Your leadership, innovation, and stellar education make you the kind of leaders the world needs.”
These words from Ross Dean Alison Davis-Blake to the class of 2014 are perfectly embodied by the students selected to be speakers at the Ross Commencement Ceremonies taking place Friday.
WATCH LIVE: Click here to watch Commencement Ceremonies live.
BBA, MsE, MAcc starts at 4 p.m.
MBA and PhD begins at 7 p.m.
The student speaker for the BBA, Master of Entrepreneurship, and Master of Accounting ceremony will be Samuel Shapiro, BBA ‘14, who, in addition to starting his own film company, has been a National Managing Partner for the TAMID Israel Investment Group, directing consulting practices on 15 different campuses nationwide. He’s joining PwC’s Advisory practice in Chicago after graduation.
Speaking during the PhD and MBA ceremony on Friday will be J. Marcus Naramore, MBA ‘14, who taught language arts as a Teach for America Corps member in Denver, Colorado before coming to Ross. During his time on campus, Naramore has served as vice president of the Entrepreneurship and Venture Club and as a fellow on the First Step Fund. He’ll be traveling to New York City or San Francisco after graduation to start a company where “snowboarding and concerts are frequent team-building events.”
“As a member of the Ross community, you have tackled you education with a collaborative and inclusive spirit that has prepared you to be an effective change agent not just in the academic world, but also in business and society,” Davis-Blake said.
These students, and all of the class of 2014, have experienced a lot during their time at Ross, including:
- an historic $200 million gift to Ross and the University of Michigan from Stephen M Ross
- the start of FOUR new Ross programs in the Master of Entrepreneurship, Master of Management, Executive MBA in Los Angeles, and Minor in Business
- an ambitious and impressive Ross Impact Challenge
- motivating speeches and lessons from executives, visionaries, and innovators
- a #1 ranking in entrepreneurship
- many words of wisdom from our Director of Admissions
- and enviable international study experiences too numerous to list here.