Fun Facts About Ross’ First Master of Management Class
We’re feeling the excitement as Michigan Ross prepares to welcome our inaugural Master of Management class in July.
Designed for students with a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, science or engineering, the Ross MM is a strong, well-rounded 10-month program to enhance your communication and critical thinking skills, empowering you with the business savvy to launch a successful career.
As more students are enrolling into MM, we’re so proud of and impressed by their achievements that we wanted to share some with you:
So, what have they done?
- Analyzed data as technical aide in Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
- Been published by the Journal of Mechanical Engineering Design
- Built a school in Masai Mara, Kenya
- Built social networking health and wellness company from the ground up
- Cataloged 12,000 drawers of fossils in the National Museum of Natural History
- Conducted research projects funded by the National Science Foundation and NASA
- Coordinated Budweiser Made in America Tour
- Designed and assembled wind resistance testing apparatus for US Navy funded research project
- Developed proposal approved by Northrop and Boeing to resolve mission safety concerns
- Facilitated Habitat for Humanity’s transition from crowdsourcing funds to microfinancing
- Increased boxing capacity for Chico's by 20% by engineering a predictive model of inventory
- Interned in economics for U.S. State Department in U.S. Embassy in Rome
- Learned how to train elephants
- Marketed activities and events for the Getty Museum
- Raised more than $15,000 for The Cancer Support Community and Children’s Bereavement Center
- Ran and finished in Chicago Marathon
- Reviewed products submitted to DreamWorks
- Taught creative writing to incarcerated women with Project Community
- Taught English to Burmese orphans
- Wrote and self-published mystery novel
What are their academic backgrounds?
- Boston University: Interdisciplinary Programs
- Brigham Young University: Mechanical Engineering
- College of Wooster: Geology
- Harvard College: Classical Languages
- Loyola Marymount University: Mechanical Engineering, English
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur: Electronics Engineering
- Penn State: International Relations
- UCLA: Art History and Criticism
- Wellesley College, American Studies
- University of Maryland: Mechanical Engineering
- U-M: Economics, Government, Industrial and Operations Engineering, International Relations, Political Science, Psychology
After learning a bit more about these exceptional students, we hope you feel as inspired as we do. And if your background is a good fit for a Ross MM, there’s still time to apply!