Executive Education FAQs

Are you currently offering in-person programming during the COVID-19 pandemic?

The University of Michigan and Michigan Ross are returning to in-person education for both custom and open-enrollment programming. We invite you to explore our online resources and programs and our current in-person program schedule.

Are you offering custom solutions for organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Yes - we offer both virtual and conditional in-person delivery at the client’s location. We are planning a return to offering an in-person at the Michigan Ross Executive Learning & Conference Center this fall. Please contact us directly for more information or to start a conversation about your organization’s learning needs.

What health and safety protocols do you have in place?

 We have implemented enhanced safety protocols throughout our facilities informed by public health experts at the University of Michigan, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the State of Michigan. These policies will continue to evolve as information changes. Please visit the Michigan Ross COVID-19 Information webpage for the latest updates.

Do participants of in-person programs need to be vaccinated?

Yes - all participants must be vaccinated or request an exemption and show proof of a negative COVID-19 test that was taken within 3 days of travel to attend an in-person executive education program. A survey will be emailed after registration to indicate your status. You can review additional safety protocols at the Michigan Ross COVID-19 Information webpage or contact us with any questions.

Where is the Executive Residence located?

The Executive Residence is located on the University of Michigan central campus, at 710 E. University Avenue Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1234. Tel: +1.734.764-7677

Can I download program material before the start of the event?

If your program includes pre-read assignments, those materials will be mailed or emailed to you approximately three weeks before the program start date. All session materials are provided while you are here and are not available before the start of the program.

How can I pay?

We accept payment in U.S. dollars only by credit card (American Express, VISA, MasterCard or Discover), wire transfer, check or cash. You may pay by credit card online when you register (for non-application programs).

To pay online later, go to http://execed.bus.umich.edu/profile/myRegistrations/ and click on "Pay Balance Now" and enter your credit card information.

How do I know I'm registered?

A unique registration number is assigned and an acknowledgement letter is available immediately when completing a registration online, or one will be mailed to you the next business day when registering through customer service. This communication ensures that a place will be reserved in the program for you.

I need a hard copy of my confirmation letter and/or invoice--whom should I contact?

If you enroll for a program or event online, once your registration is complete, a confirmation screen will appear for you to print. This confirmation information will contain your contact information, registration details and how to access your invoice. If you register over the phone by fax, we will mail you a confirmation letter, welcome brochure, and invoice by post. Contact customer service if you need copies of any of these.

Why are there two different fees for certain programs in Ann Arbor? What does the commuter fee mean?

For participants who do not require lodging during their program in Ann Arbor, the commuter rate includes tuition, program materials, continental breakfast, refreshment breaks and lunches, and some dinners. The full fee rate additionally includes lodging.

Is there a fee for canceling, transferring, or sending someone in my place?

Due to the inherent costs of establishing, holding, and refilling participant slots along with associated costs of pre-course materials, there may be a fee, depending on the timing of your request.

Please see our cancellation policies for details.

How do I get off your mailing list?

Send us a note to remove you from our mailing list along with a photocopy of a mailing label you've recently received from us. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing. Send the photocopy & note to: Customer Service University of Michigan Ross Executive Education 710 E. University, 4th Floor Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234 USA or fax: +1.734.764.4267

What is an Endorsement Letter?

Endorsement letters help us evaluate your request for admission to Michigan Executive Education programs that require admission applications. For your application to be approved, we must receive a letter from a senior officer who personally knows you or is familiar with the company's future plans for you. the letter should include the following:

  • The company's objectives for nominating you to the program
  • The applicant's executive potential
  • The areas of the organization in which the company sees this applicant advancing, and 
  • Any additional relevant comments.

This letter can be faxed, emailed, or postal mailed directly to:

Admissions Committee
Executive Education
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
University of Michigan
710 East University Ave, 4/F
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234 USA

Fax: +1 734 764 4267
Email: um.exec.ed@umich.edu

What are the address and phone number for Ross Executive Education?

University of Michigan Ross Executive Education 710 E. University Avenue, 4th Floor Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1234 USA Tel: +1.734.763.1000 Fax: +1.734.764.4267

How can people reach me while I'm attending a program in Ann Arbor?

People who need to reach you may leave a message at the Executive Residence Front Desk at +1.734.764.ROSS (7677). Or during class hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m. EST), you may call +1 734.763.1000 and give the participant's name as well as the name of the program. Urgent messages will be hand-delivered during program breaks. Messages may also be faxed to you at +1.734.615.4050.

Whom can I contact for general questions?

Call our Customer Service Department at +1.734.763.1000, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday. Or send an e-mail to um.exec.ed@umich.edu.

In Asia, call +852.2509.9088 from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm HKT, Monday - Friday, or e-mail: um-asia.exec.ed@umich.edu.

How do I get to the Executive Residence?

Please visit our page on driving directions and maps.

Which airport should I fly into?

For programs in Ann Arbor, fly into Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), located 25 miles (40 km) east of Ann Arbor. For programs in Hong Kong, fly into Hong Kong International Airport (HKG).

Is transportation from the airport provided for programs in Ann Arbor?

No. We do not provide ground transportation between the airport and the Executive Residence. There are several options for transportation. You may rent a car, or taxi and sedan services are always available outside baggage claim at the airport, with no prior arrangements necessary. You may also arrange ground transportation from the Detroit Metropolitan Airport before your trip by calling our recommended ground transportation service. Visit our Transportation page for more information. For your return trip, the front desk staff at your hotel can assist you in making arrangements for ground transportation to the airport.

Will I need to rent a car for programs in Ann Arbor?

No, Everything takes place within one square block. You may, however, wish to rent a car to more fully experience Ann Arbor after your class sessions. Parking near the Executive Residence is limited, as it is on any college campus. See http://michiganross.umich.edu/about/visit/maps-directions-parking for detailed information.

Do I have to reserve a guestroom for programs in Ann Arbor?

Be sure to mention to your Customer Service Representative, if you register by phone, that you will need accommodations. If you enroll online, please proceed through the Accommodations portion of the enrollment process and verify your room reservation on the confirmation page.

May I reserve a smoking room in Ann Arbor?

No. Effective May 1, 2010, Michigan law prohibits smoking in hotels, restaurants, and education facilities. All University of Michigan buildings, including guest rooms at the Executive Residence by law are smoke-free.

I need to check in a day early or stay an extra night. Is that possible?

Yes--if the hotel has vacancy for the extra night(s) you need to stay. Check with your hotel for the room rate. Please keep in mind that the "full fee" option (available only in Ann Arbor) includes lodging for the night before your program starts through noon the last day of your program. Please be sure to mention your guestroom needs when you register for the program. Please contact customer service at +1.734.763.1000 or send us an e-mail to um.exec.ed@umich.edu stating all of your special needs We will do our best to accommodate you.

Does my program include sessions in the evening?

For details on your program, please visit the web page for that program. Many programs include a sample program schedule grid. This grid indicates a typical example of when classes end and if there are typically evening sessions. For specific details, you may contact customer service at +1.734.763.1000 or e-mail um.exec.ed@umich.edu.

How should I dress?

Dress is typically business casual. Please be sure to bring a sweater or jacket, as classroom temperatures vary. See Ann Arbor's Weather Normals to determine appropriate clothing for your comfort outdoors. And check out the weather forecast at weather.com.