ICYMI: The Most-Read News Stories from Michigan Ross in 2021
There was certainly no shortage of impactful, inspiring, and interesting stories from the Ross School of Business about its students, faculty, staff, and alumni this year.
From announcing new programs and initiatives to appointing an interim dean, and earning top rankings, awards, and honors, Michigan Ross served up one exciting story after another in 2021. As the calendar turns to 2022, here is a recap of the top ten most-read Ross news stories published this year — which are good to revisit whether you caught them the first time or are just learning about them now.
Top ten most-read news stories from Michigan Ross
- Michigan Ross Class of 2021 Full-Time MBA grads received record salary packages and acceptance rates, while McKinsey became the top employer.
- Michigan Ross Professor Ryan Ball went viral with TikTok videos.
- Five Michigan Ross faculty members earned promotions this year.
- Michigan Ross announced Francine Lafontaine as interim dean.
- Michigan Ross welcomed its Full-Time MBA Class of 2023 with record levels of diversity, test scores, and academics.
- A list of nine of the coolest internships completed by Full-Time MBA students over the summer this year.
- Ann Arbor was ranked as the best U.S. college city in 2021 by personal finance site WalletHub, as well as earning the honor of most educated.
- The 2020 Michigan Ross BBA employment report showed that graduates received a boost in their median base salary. Finance, tech, and consulting were among the top hiring industries.
- Two Michigan Ross students competed for Team USA in the Summer Olympics, and MBA Michael Hixon won a silver medal.
- Michigan Ross launched a new Master of Business Analytics program that will prepare students for future leadership roles requiring the ability to transform complex data into high-impact business insights and solutions.