Thank You for an Amazing Year at Michigan Ross

Share

As our Class of 2017 prepares to enter its next chapter in life, I find myself reflecting on what has been an amazing year!

Not only am I extremely proud of our collective accomplishments, but I am consistently amazed by our people and their contributions to our community. Let me highlight a few that I find particularly inspiring…

Did you know that Michigan Ross is one of three graduate schools to rank in US News’ Top 10 across nine (out of 10) specialty areas, with top 5 ranks in Accounting, Management, Marketing, Operations, and Supply Chain. In the same US News ranking, our overall full-time MBA ranking improved to 11th, and our undergraduate program ranked 4th overall.

Did you know that we received record-setting applications for our full-time MBA program; we will double the size of our Masters in Supply Chain Management program; our undergraduate program continues to attract the world’s best students and companies; and our Executive Education organization will achieve its highest revenue in 15 years.

Did you know that we ranked third in top-tier media coverage among all business schools; our faculty rank in the Top Ten worldwide in terms of research contributions; we surpassed $2 million in sponsored research funding for the first time; and our faculty continues to rack up national and international awards.

Did you know that Michigan Ross students won a number of national and international competitions this year, landing four wins in just the last week. Our students and alumni have also created waves this year in the startup community, including but not limited to Eric Katz, BBA ‘17, who is looking to change the landscape of agriculture, Shelly Sahi, MBA ‘16, who is taking on the $46 billion cosmetics industry, and Dang Duong, MBA/JD ‘15, who is developing real estate to help continue the incredible transformation happening in Detroit. Oh, and don’t forget Joe Stamper, MBA ‘17, who ran a marathon in 3 hours -- IN A SUIT! Our students and alumni amaze me every day with their talents and accomplishments!

Did you know that on my world tour engaging with alumni, we brought together nearly 1,500 Ross alumni across 34 different visits to cities around the world, including but not limited to Chicago, London, Los Angeles, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Shanghai.

It’s been an amazing year so far, and I am humbled by and grateful for the many contributions of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni. The people make the place, and Michigan Ross is a special place because of its very special people.

Thank you for making this one of the best years of my life, and one of the best years in Michigan Ross history as well! We have bright days ahead with lots of positive momentum! Keep up the great work.

Go Blue!

Connect with Michigan Ross        
Scott DeRue
  • Edward J. Frey Dean of Business
  • Stephen M. Ross Professor of Business
Scott DeRue is the Edward J. Frey Dean of the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. He is also the Stephen M. Ross...